Every year we recognize our feline friends and the personality they bring to our homes. In celebration of this pet holiday, NationalCatDay.com shares with us ways to celebrate our cats and make this day special for them:
- Adopt a cat from your local shelter or cat rescue.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some cats available for adoption, clean cages and litter boxes or anything else they need help with.
- Bake some cat shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
- Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on the National Cat Day Facebook page.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
- Buy your cat a fun new toy….condo, bed or treats!
- Give your cat some fun exercise by putting up some walls shelves specifically for him/her.
- Make a window perch for your cat to lay in the sun.
- Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs.
- Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
- Have a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!
There are some great suggestions here! Chances are, you already make your cat feel special from day to day, but trying even just one recommendation on the list will make them feel the love that much more. Happy National Cat Day from our AZPetVet family to yours!