February is National Cat Health Month, so we’re going to look at some of the reasons why you need to make an appointment for your kitty ASAP!
- Teeth cleaning & dental care (it’s also Pet Dental Health Month!)
- Spaying & Neutering – cats are prolific breeders, so it’s a must
- Changes in a cat’s health can happen quickly, so preventive care is important
- Sick cats often show no signs of being ill – they hide symptoms and pain well
- Early diagnosis of health problems equals early intervention/better outcome
- Regular vaccinations are vital to protecting your pet from diseases
Don’t wait for veterinary visits – make regular head to toe exams for your cat part of your routine. While you might not know what to look for, you’re far more likely to pick up on any changes in your pet’s health, and as a bonus it helps your pet get used to being handled.
So when is the last time your cat got a health check up? If the answer isn’t within the last six months, then it’s time to give us a call.